Echo Bank Building
Home > Attractions > Echo Bank Building
Echo Bank Building and Historical Museum
National Register of Historical Places
230 W. Main Street
Info: (541) 376-8411
The Echo Bank Building, constructed in 1920 by Joseph Cunha, was opened in 1921. It is an example of the Roman Classical style of the 20th century. Raymond W. Hatch designed the building. The exterior is glazed terra cotta and brick. The interior features marble flooring and iron-banking teller’s cages.
The bank is now a museum.
The bank as a business, was incorporated in 1905 by local ranchers and in 1933, though still solvent, was closed by its founders. Echo businessmen bragged that the bank survived the depression to be sold to First National Bank of Pendleton.
The building was used as a cash exchange and later as an insurance office. In 1980, Joseph C. Andrews purchased and donated it to the Echo Historical Museum, Inc.
PHOTOS AND MEDIA
Photo and Media Galleries
Our interactive photo and media galleries bring historic Echo to life in crisp and vivid detail.